Though I am a bit late in posting the good news , the Angadipuram Railway over bridge is now a reality . I still remember those days when a train on the Shornur – Nilambur line used to bring chaos to NH 213 (Palakkad – Kozhikode ) with traffic jams at times extending till Perinthalmanna . But now we have a four lane road and an overbridge to ease the congestion . The person to be thanked is the Perinthalmanna MLA Mr.Manjalamkuzhi Ali for his sheer determination in making the project a reality.
The other infrastructural projects that need immediate attention in Valluvanad are :
- A bye pass road and a new bridge over kunthi puzha at Mannarkad.
- Roads to bye pass the congestion at Ottapalam and Pattambi on the Palakkad – Guruvayur road and a railway overbridge at vadanamkurussi.
- More buses between Mannarkad and shornur , which is the gateway to the region.
- A new bridge over Bharatapuzha at Pattambi.
- Revitalisation of Bharatapuzha station at Shornur so that the region could acess trains passing through the link line togather with the modernisation of Shornur Railway Station.
- Ksrtc depots at ottapalam and pattambi with sub depots at cherpulassery and shornur.
Let us hope that with the defense park at Ottapalam and the Angadipuram overbridge valluvanad would leap forward into a brighter future.